Terms & Conditions
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our site. By placing an order you signify your acceptance and agreement of the terms and conditions set out below.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means MIDLAND CHILLED FOODS LIMITED; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy products from
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org, (Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm); or
- telephone 0333 011 2316 (Monday to Friday: 8.00am to 6pm). We may record calls for quality and training purposes.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this contract in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
Who are we?
|We are registered in England and Wales under company number: 01104045.
Our registered office is at: Brierly Place, New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0AP.
- If you buy products on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- You may only buy products from our site for non-business reasons.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- When buying any products you also agree to be legally bound by:
- our website terms and conditions and any documents referred to in them;
- extra terms, which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. This may happen for legal or regulatory reasons.; and
All these documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
Information we give you
- By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. If you want to see this key information, please:
- Visit our FAQ page
- read the acknowledgement email (see clause 2.1); or
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
Ordering products from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the site by putting items in your shopping basket and when you have finished clicking on ‘check out’. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (e.g. when you click on the PLACE ORDER button we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted. You can choose to register with our website at this stage when you will be asked to set a password so you are able to log into your account in the future and check the status and content of your orders. Once submitted your order cannot be withdrawn or revoked by you.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your This is typically for the following reasons:
- Unfortunately the products are unavailable;
- We cannot authorise your payment;
- You have ordered too many products; or
- There has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the products.
- We will only accept your order when we email (provided your email address has been correctly entered) you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point:
- A legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- We will dispatch the products to
- If you are under the age of 18 you may buy any products from the site. You may not be able to buy certain products because you are too young. These are set out on the relevant webpage for the products.
Right to cancel this contract
- Subject to the provisions of sections 4 and 4.6 you have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire 14 days from the day your order is delivered.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by clear written notice.
- Your right to cancel does not apply to perishable food products (i.e. frozen, chilled, fresh or short shelf life products), goods made to specification, personalised goods, or by reason for their nature cannot be returned or are likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly. In addition returns or refunds on perishable items that are just unsuitable or unwanted will not be given.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- We are unable to accept cancellation of "special order" items, or other items that have been purchased in bulk, and which we have ordered in especially for you from our suppliers.
- If you wish to cancel your order once dispatched, this is only possible in accordance with the cancellation procedure given here (Sections 1 – 4.5). Refusing delivery of your parcel or failing to make arrangements to accept your parcel so that it is returned to us or held by the courier is not in accordance with these terms and conditions. Risk of damage or loss to the goods you have ordered passes from us to you when delivery is first attempted whether or not successful. If your order is returned to us we will incur a return delivery charge for which you will be liable. In these circumstances the goods you have ordered remain your property and you will not be entitled to a refund for either the goods you have ordered or for the any delivery costs you have incurred. If you would like to have your order re-sent a further delivery charge would be payable (in additional to the return delivery charge we will have incurred). We reserve the right to dispose of these returned items after 28 days if you do not contact us and arrange and pay for them to be re-shipped to you or collected from our premises.
Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract in accordance with clause 1, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary careless handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we received back from you any products supplied (excludes those goods mentioned in 4) provided they are returned intact, unopened in re-saleable condition within 14 days of cancellation; or
- (If earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the products; or
- If there were no products supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- Please note that Barclaycard refunds will take approx. 3 working days for your card to be credited.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received products:
- You shall send back the products by recognised courier or mail without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the products before the period of 14 days has expired
- You will bear the cost of returning the products.
- You are liable for any diminished value of the products resulting from the handling.
Delivery and shipping
- We can only deliver to addresses within the mainland UK and Northern Ireland. Unfortunately we cannot deliver to the remotest areas of the UK including parts of Scotland (Aberdeenshire, Inverness), offshore islands and very rural parts of the UK. For more detailed information see our Delivery page.
- For Standard UK delivery the charge is £6.95 for orders up to 20kg in weight (including packaging weights); delivery is typically the working day after shipping. Deliveries are made Tuesday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm at the standard charge. A Saturday morning delivery option is also available for most "Standard UK" postcodes . £0.00 - £34.99 is £24.00. £35.00 - £99.99 is £9.99 and £100 and over is free.
- Shipping to Northern Ireland comes under Standard UK and is £6.95. Delivery typically takes 2 working days following ordering.
- All orders over £45.00 (excluding the delivery charge) will be delivered free of charge using our Standard UK delivery service, Tuesday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm. If a Saturday delivery is required, the rates given for these deliveries in 6.1 will be applied.
- All orders using a “free delivery” promotion code will be shipped using our Standard UK delivery. Saturday before 12noon deliveries are not valid for this promotion.
- For deliveries to UK addresses we are happy to deliver to an alternative address such as place of work if you provide us with the details of this alternative delivery address at checkout. Please note that we may carry out further security checks before sending out a parcel to an alternative address. If you decide to change the delivery address after your order is placed, please email us as soon as possible with the detail of the new address, we will try our best to accommodate this but will not be liable for any inconvenience or cost if the parcel is sent to the original address given. If you telephone to provide this change of address you will still be asked to email the details to us.
- If something happens which:
- Is outside of our control; and
- Affects the estimated date of delivery;
We will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the products.
- Delivery of the products will take place when we deliver them to the delivery address that you gave to us at checkout.
- Subject to clause 6.9 we cannot deliver the products if we are unable to properly identify you. Please provide our driver with a form of ID (passport or photo card driving licence).
- If no one is available to receive your parcel the courier may leave your parcel with a neighbour or in a designated place if you have highlighted this on your delivery instructions. Delivery to business addresses and residential addresses can be at any time from 8.00am to 4.00pm. We accept no liability if you are not available to receive your parcel and this delay in delivery results in the deterioration in the condition of the goods that you have ordered.
- Provided all items are in stock we aim to process your order within 1 working day for delivery within the UK (excludes remote areas detailed on our Delivery page). However this timescale is not guaranteed, and at busy times such as Christmas this processing time may be longer, so if the order is urgent, or you require it before a specific date please email us to discuss the possibility of an alternative arrangement. We only dispatch orders on Monday to Friday for delivery Tuesday to Saturday.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your products within 2 working days of your chosen delivery date, we will:
- Let you know;
- Cancel your order; and
- Give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- You are responsible for the products when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the products passes to you when you take possession of the products. If you have ordered chilled products they should be refrigerated on receipt.
- Once a parcel has been dispatched, delivery is typically within 1 working day after shipping if Standard UK Delivery is selected. But timescales are not guaranteed, so please allow plenty of time if you require your goods by a specific date (you can place a delivery up to 30 days in advance.) If morning delivery is selected your parcel should be delivered before midday on the day after shipping.
- Your parcel will be delivered by a courier. When your order is dispatched you will receive an email or a text message from the courier with the tracking number of your parcel, and contact information for the courier. Please contact them our customer services team on 0333 0112316 if your parcel has not been delivered when expected.
- Time is not of the essence in relation to this contract.
- We are not informed of delivery problems, so if your parcel does not arrive within the timeframe provided and you do not contact the courier, your parcel may be returned to us as having been undeliverable. If this happens and you would like us to send your order out again, we will have to charge you for the return delivery cost and re-shipping cost and for the replacement of any perishable or damaged items. Any charges that are incurred by us because your parcel was undeliverable, will be payable by you.
- If you require a specific delivery date we will do our best to fulfil this request but delivery on or by any particular date is not guaranteed. If we agree to a specific delivery date with you and the courier we use is unable to deliver on the specified day due to adverse weather conditions or any other circumstances beyond our control, we will endeavour to arrange for delivery at the next earliest opportunity and our liability is limited to this.
- We cannot accept cancellations of orders, except in accordance with the cancellation process detailed in Section 4, above, for delays in the delivery of your parcel that are outside our control e.g. delayed delivery by a third party delivery company (mail or courier) or delayed delivery because there is no one available at the delivery address to sign for the parcel when delivery is attempted.
- We cannot accept responsibility for addresses provided incorrectly. Full valid postcodes are required for every order. If You provide an incorrect address, or incorrect postcode, we do not accept any responsibility for the failure of an order to arrive, for any delays in the delivery of the order, for any costs involved in redirecting that order, or for any deterioration to the goods due to extended transit times.
- If the delivery address is in a rural area or other location that may be hard to find, please ensure that you provide us with detailed instructions of how our courier can locate the address so that we can forward this information to the courier. When your parcel is shipped you will be provided with access to the courier's parcel tracking system. We do not accept liability for delays and any subsequent deterioration in the contents of your order, if there is a then a delay in the delivery of the parcel or if the parcel is subsequently returned to us as undeliverable as this is completely outside our control.
- If we have to re-direct your parcel a charge may be made to cover that cost.
- Please note that when parcels are returned to us by the courier we incur a return charge which is currently £6.95 for parcels sent out on our standard delivery service, but this amount is determined by our courier and is subject to change without notice and will vary if the original delivery service was not our standard UK delivery service. If items are returned to us as undeliverable (for whatever reason), or because you have refused or been unavailable to accept delivery, you will be liable for any additional charges that we may incur. We may at our discretion refund you for the original purchase price of returned items, minus the £6.95 (or relevant) return delivery cost, if we can be certain that those items are still of saleable quality, but you will not be refunded for any original delivery charges.
- We reserve the right to charge increased delivery charges, where incorrect information has been submitted, and as a result surcharges are incurred by us.
- Shipping timescales provided in Section 6 above and elsewhere on our website are guidelines and are not guaranteed by the third-party carrier that will deliver your parcel. As any delays are completely outside our control we will not be liable for any failure for the carrier to meet these timescales or for any inconvenience or cost to you that results from any delay in the delivery of your parcel.
- Orders that include perishable food items cannot be cancelled once placed. We comply with Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 on this matter, as these regulations do not apply to cancellation of orders containing perishable food items. Please see Section 5 above for further information.
- It is essential that you provide a delivery address where someone will be available to accept your parcel. We will not accept liability for any subsequent deterioration of perishable goods if you are not available to receive your order on the first occasion that delivery is attempted (please see Section 10, below for further information).
- If any special arrangements are required for delivery, including particular days when no-one will be available to receive your parcel, you must inform us of this when you place the order so that we are able to determine whether it will be feasible to meet these requirements.
- Perishable items must be refrigerated immediately upon receipt.
- We accept the following credit cards and debit cards: MasterCard, Visa, Solo, Visa Electrical and Visa Debit (Delta).
- At no time are we ever able to see your card details this is in order to protect your privacy and security. When you pay through our website our Payment Service Provider is Barclaycard Merchant Services who host this payment page and handle your card details even though it looks as if you are still on our website.
- If you need more information on Barclaycard security please visit the Barclaycard website.
- Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when you have finalised and submitted your order.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. Barclaycard may also need to use extra security steps.
- The price of the products:
- Is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP);
- Includes VAT at the applicable rate which is 0% rate unless the products we sell incur VAT at a higher rate which will be made clear on the website; and
- Does not include the cost of:
- Delivering the products; and
- Please note that if you are resident outside the EU but choose to have your order delivered to a UK address this VAT charge will be reinstated.
Nature of the products
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the products:
- Are of satisfactory quality;
- Are fit for purpose; and
- Match the description, sample or model;
- We must provide you with products that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the products may be different from that shown on the site.
- While we try to make sure that: all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible, there may be a small tolerance of up to 1% in such weights, sizes and measurements in certain products: whole uncooked hams, fresh meat joints and cooked whole meat; and
- We endeavour to ensure that the information shown on the Web site is as accurate as possible however we cannot guarantee that information and offer no warranties as to the accuracy.
- Unless we state otherwise on the product page, we are not the manufacturer of the products for sale on this website. The product information we provide may differ from the information provided on the product you receive, so please refer the information and warnings given by the manufacturer on the packaging prior to consumption.
- We cannot be held responsible for typographical errors on this site, including but not limited to those regarding price. We reserve the right to make changes to our Web site including prices, products, ingredients, weights, sizes and terms & conditions without any notice being given.
- If you inform us of any inaccuracies on our website, we will endeavour to correct them as soon as we reasonably can.
- The design of the packaging of products are subject to change without notice from the manufacturer and so may vary from the photographs given on our website. The portrayal of products on the site will also depend upon the characteristics and capabilities of your computer. Natural products will also vary. We cannot therefore guarantee that products will be identical to their representations on the site.
- For commodity products such as grains, flour, herbs and spices in order to ensure the availability of stock we reserve the right to vary the look of the packaging or brand from that given on our website.
- If you are purchasing food products that you intend to store rather than consume within a week or two of delivery we would recommend that you contact us in advance of ordering to check that the shelf life of current stock is suitable for your needs.
- Vintage years specified for wines and spirits cannot be guaranteed, as due to the very nature of these products they are of limited supply for any vintage year.
- The colours of our products are displayed accurately on the site; the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you
- Any products sold:
- At discount prices;
- As remnants; or
- As substandard;
Will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- If we can’t supply certain products we may need to substitute them with alternative products of equal or better standard and value. In this case:
- We will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and
- You can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
- Faulty products and Returns Policy
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for:
- Losses that:
- Were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- That were not caused by any breach on our part;
- Business losses; and
- Losses to non-consumers.
- Losses that:
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
- The products;
- Our service to you; or
- Any other matter;
Please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to this contract.
Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
- We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to providing users with an Internet experience that respects your privacy. When you make a purchase we need to collect certain information to process your transaction and fulfil your order. We do not sell, rent or disseminate this information to any third party for marketing or any other will however need to provide the courier or delivery company with your name, delivery address, telephone number and email address (so that they will be able to send you tracking information for your parcel) but this information will strictly only be used to ensure that your order is safely delivered to you. You can be confident we will not disclose your details to anybody unless required by law to do so or unless you explicitly give us authority to do so. We do not hold your credit card details online at any time.
- Cookies may be used on the site to help provide you with appropriate information during your visit. These cookies may be placed on your computers hard drive. If you wish to switch off cookies your access to the site will not be affected. No cookie created by Our Website stores personal details about you.
- Every care has been taken to ensure that all prices and descriptions on our website are correct. In the case of error you will be given the opportunity to cancel your order. We apologise if this is the case. We take great care in providing you this product information however it is done in good faith and should not be considered a substitute for the information on the producer’s label. All products are subject to change, which may affect the ingredients list and/or allergy advice given on this Website. If you require further information please contact the producer directly using the information in this Website or on the product label. We reserve the right to alter prices without prior notification. The price charged is the price ruling on the day of dispatch.
- If you use our website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform Us immediately if You have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
Access to Our Website
- We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction. We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent from us. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without Our express written consent. You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of our web site as long as the link does not portray products, our services or us in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
- You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You must use the website for lawful purposes only and must not use the website for any of the following:
- Fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- To send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing
- In breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right
- Is otherwise injurious to third parties
- Which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any 'spam'
- Or Causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- All content included on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, and images belong to us, and are protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws. If we discover that any pictures, image or photograph that belongs to us is being used by any company or individual without our prior written permission, we will require that it is removed and we will issue an invoice for £1000 payable within 7 days, failing which we will take court action to protect our interests.
- iDeli Online and other marks indicated on our website are trademarks or registered trademarks of MFG Ltd. Our graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are the trademarks or trade dress of iDeli Online Limited and may not be used in connection with any product or service without our written authorisation.
Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
- We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause, which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- If You breach these conditions and We take no action, We will still be entitled to use Our rights and remedies in any other situation where You breach these conditions.
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. Including but not limited to, acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, failure of any communications, telecommunications or computer system, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of Our obligations.
- Unless individual products state otherwise it should be assumed that all products are produced in an environment where nuts are present and could possibly be contaminated with nuts.